A facebook friend shared this link, which presented photos of human impact on specific and diverse areas of earth, earlier today. I fell in love… in a twisted, cynical way.
Here are some of those photographs, for your pleasure. Enjoy… our haunting footprint.
1. A surfer riding a wave of trash.
2. Industrial Beef Farm
3. Plastic moving up the life cycle.
4. Deepwater Horizon Crisis… A well deserved “slap on the wrist” for BP.
5. Alberta Tar Sands, where there was once a boreal forest
6. Deforestation in Brazil.
7. Crop desert in China. No room for nature, here.
8. Kern River Oil Field, California. Cheap oil has paid its price…. somewhere.
9. Mexico City, “Urban Sprawl”
10. Kowloon City in Hong Kong
11. Deforestation in British Columbia, Canada.
I just don’t understand those who claim humans are too insignificant to create global changes on earth… Travel, perhaps?